New Language Service UIBdigital Request Form

The following UIBdigital request form is not available:

  • Editing of long Catalan documents

Which type of document does this apply to? Editing long Catalan documents such as books, annuals, journals, guidebooks, etc. This work is normally done by external editors.

Who can make a request? Teaching, Research and Adminstrative staff who require editing of the type of document set out above.

If you have any questions, please contact the Language Service.

Translation and Editing

The responsibilities of the Language Service include providing translation and editing tools for scientific, academic and institutional documents. This service is solely for members of the university academic community.

Translation and editing requests for modern languages must be processed through UIBdigital.

If you have any questions, please contact Enric Llompart on ext. 9548.

With regard to editing Catalan documents, the request system remains unchanged. Requests can continue to be made over the phone or via e-mail.



Tipus de documents

Document Types (Editing)

The documents edited by the Language Service are categorised into three groups:

  • Ordinary Institutional Documents
    • These include general administrative documents at the university and basic teaching texts (examinations and similar documents).
  • Extraordinary Institutional Documents
    • These basically include books published by the University Publications Service or, in general, long or extensive institutional documents.
  • Non-institutional Documents
    • These include research documents by lecturers and professors, or documents from administrative and services staff.

Document Types (TRANSLATION)

The Language Service offers translation of institutional documents from the university that need to be sent outside Catalan-speaking areas (translation from Catalan into foreign languages) or which have been sent to the university in a language other than Catalan (translation from a foreign language into Catalan), as well as research documents by lecturers and professors or those by administrative staff to be published overseas.